Paris by Bicycle

Even in my own disbelief, the truth is that regardless of the fact that Mr. H. is French, I actually had never properly been to Paris. So this summer, after having spent some time in the North of France, we were going to spend a day in Paris. You can imagine my excitement!

Mr. H. organized the day so that we could see as many amazing places as possible within the little time we had. So we went by bicycle. We used Vélib’, which is a public bicycle system in Paris. I do recommend it. Apart from the fact that it was physically tiring, it was a perfect day. We were also lucky to have unusually perfect weather. It was warm with nearly not a cloud. My pictures are proof!

Paris by bicycle

We started off by the Seine river. The river was beautiful, as were boats and the amazing buildings on both sides.

Statue of Liberty, Paris

We cycle uphill up Trocadéro. Uphill is heavy task for me. But the views on top were gorgeous so of course it was worth it.

View of the Eiffel Tower from Trocadéro

Besides afterwards we were to cycle downhill (phew!) towards Arc de Triomph and Champs Elysees.

Arc de Triomph, Paris

Lunch was at the Grand Palais with views to the Petit Palais which deserves a separate post soon.

Petit Palais, Paris

After lunch we cycled to the Place de la Concorde, the Madeleine ChurchLouvre Museum, and the Opera (where I forgot to take pictures and subsequently forgot to include it on the map).

Lille Statue, Paris

Obelisque

Madeleine Church, Paris

Louvre Museum

From the Louvre Museum

To nearly end a beautiful day, I was lucky that we stopped to have some ice cream nearby the Notre Dame, where a young man was playing the piano on the street. His jazz style of playing any tune was fantastic and I loved it!

Street piano, Paris

Notre Dame, Paris

Then we cycled all the way back down the river for a well deserved big dinner. By the way, I have no idea how many kilometers we did…

Merci beaucoup et bisous Monsieur H.!

(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)

1. dalo2013 2013-09-08 at 21:15

Another series of great shots…and also great writing. It is nice to see you & your photographic eye at work 🙂

1. Sofia 2013-09-09 at 14:31

Thanks 🙂 I´m glad you liked it. Have you been to Paris?

1. dalo2013 2013-09-09 at 18:57

I was in Paris about 10 years ago, fell in love with the city & the people. Will return again 🙂

2. Saskia (1=2) 2013-09-08 at 22:10

What an amazing, fantastically-exhausting day! You’re so lucky to be within easy reach of beautiful Paris.

1. Sofia 2013-09-09 at 14:32

Gosh thats true, its just “next door” compared to “down under” 😉 I had a fantastic time!

3. pianolearner 2013-09-08 at 22:48

I do love a street piano!. We very nearly booked to go to Paris in October, but will try to get their next year.

1. Sofia 2013-09-09 at 14:29

I thought you’d enjoy that photo 🙂

4. Bunny Eats Design 2013-09-09 at 04:01

Oh I dream of visiting Paris by bicycle. I would treat myself to a big dinner after all that cycling too 🙂

1. Sofia 2013-09-09 at 14:30

Oh I hope you get to do it (and the dinner afterwards too!). xx

1. Sofia 2013-09-09 at 14:30

I hope you do,… so beautiful!

5. Kiss & Make-up 2013-09-10 at 14:10

What a great idea to visit the city like that. You see a lot more than you do on foot, that’s smart.

6. Guillermina Bósquez Stover 2013-09-10 at 16:06

Ah, yes, Paris! To see in on foot or by bicycle is the best! I’ve done it on foot, but of course I didn’t do the whole tour like you. But the food, the sights, the street entertainers, the smells, the elegant French people, the food, the lights, the boats on the Seine, the food, did I mention the food??? A, oui, extraordinaire… I was there once, New Year’s 2003…I remember it well.

1. Sofia 2013-09-11 at 00:12

Oh yes DO mention the food! Now that I’ve done it by bicycle, I would like to do it on foot like you 🙂 You spent New Years there? It must have been fun!

7. Pingback: International Food Festival : Spain represented by Sofia Villar with Spinach and Chickpeas, an authentic dish from Southern Spain | simplyvegetarian777