Being a Bond Girl, Just for One Moment

How does a grey object brighten up a grey afternoon?

Well, this grey car did it on one cloudy day during a trip to France. Here we have an Aston Martin DB5, the same type that James Bond has. If I recall properly this one is from the early 1970’s. The photos do not do it any justice to just what a beauty it is, or just how shiny it is.

Aston Martin DB5

Aston Martin wheel

I got to go for spin in it. And then I got to pretend to be a Bond girl, even if it was just for a moment.

Being a Bond Girl

Have a fantastic Friday!

1. laurasmess 2013-10-11 at 01:24

What a GORGEOUS car. Sigh… ah, I wish I had endless money so that I could buy one. Aaron would choose a Jaguar though. They’re his favourite 🙂

1. Sofia 2013-10-11 at 19:53

Hahaha this is NOT my car unfortunately. Its a friends that is an antique car dealer… It was such a fun experience to have e ride in it!

2. apartmentwife 2013-10-11 at 15:16

you make a lovely bond girl! ahh.. sounds like so much fun to be a bond girl for a day. just imagine the adventures?

1. Sofia 2013-10-11 at 19:55

Oh my thanks haha! It would be fun, and I’d have to master acts such as jumping across rooftops or across the roofs of trains 🙂

3. SJPONeill 2013-10-12 at 11:38

Oh, yes…so very cool! Lucky you!

1. Sofia 2013-10-12 at 17:54

It is cool, yes! 🙂

4. Sunny 2013-10-12 at 15:15

OMG that’s a sweet ride!!! You’re soooo cute! I’d LOOOOVE to pose in a car like this for just once in my life, preferably with the Bond theme music blasting from the radio 😉

1. Sofia 2013-10-12 at 17:54

.. and with James Bond lurking around 😉

5. Laura Lynn 2013-10-13 at 15:08

That’s a ‘Wow’ moment! You make the perfect Bond girl!

1. Sofia 2013-10-13 at 15:09

Wow! Thanks 🙂

6. celestedimilla 2013-10-14 at 17:27

I can just see you in Hollywood smiling for the cameras!! You’d be a lovely Bond girl! Cute post!

1. Sofia 2013-10-15 at 23:39

Hi Celeste, thanks, it would be fun!! 🙂

1. Sofia 2013-10-15 at 23:39

Hehe I felt fancy in the car! xx

7. Steven Harris 2013-10-15 at 17:19

A perfect car and such a thrill to be allowed to have a spin. I am envious. I wish I were a Bond girl. I mean, Bond, I wish I were Bond 😉

1. Sofia 2013-10-15 at 23:40

I say it would be fun to be a Bond girl, yeah for you it would be awesome to be Bond 🙂

1. Steven Harris 2013-10-15 at 23:44

Well you’ve got the car. Give me a call and I’ll dust off my tux 😉

1. Sofia 2013-10-15 at 23:46

Hahaha its not my car, its a friends who is an antique car dealer 🙂 We’ll just have to visit him!

1. Steven Harris 2013-10-15 at 23:49

That’s good enough for me. I once lived above a garage that sold classic sports cars. When the showroom, was closed at night I would sneak down and sit in an old. Lotus Esprit and pretend I was a rich young dandy.

1. Sofia 2013-10-15 at 23:50

Thats funny, did the owner know?

1. Steven Harris 2013-10-16 at 00:48

I don’t believe he did but the owner was my landlord so I’d have said I assumed it was included in the rent 😉

1. Sofia 2013-10-16 at 00:51

🙂 🙂

8. dalo2013 2013-10-19 at 06:30

Wow, a beautiful photo… Such a classic, an all-time dream car.

1. Sofia 2013-10-19 at 14:21

🙂 The car was even more gorgeous and shiny in real life. And the interior with leather seats and vintage shiny dashboard was such a charm!