We ended the year in France with a fantastic dinner party, and began the new year still eating through it. Our menu included capon with stuffed mushrooms, foie gras, cooked chestnuts all with plenty of champagne and wine.
Our friend Julien spent the night with us (it’s so great to see you again Julien!) and was our official chef. I was his helper and official photographer. As usual I learnt new culinary ideas through him.
As we are beginning a new year, I thought I might state some of my new year resolutions. They are easy and achievable. Ok, my approach is that it’s more like a to do list:
- Complete learning the following classical piano pieces: Berceuse and a Posthumous Waltz by Chopin, Impromptus Opus 90 no. 1 and no. 2 by Schubert. Once I finish those I already have some more pieces in mind.
- Try and play some non-classical music pieces on the piano. My first challenge, that I miserably failed at last year, will be My Baby Just Cares for Me.
- French: improve (or, ahem, perfect) speaking French and cook plenty of French food.
- Learn some more of my mum’s Indonesian cooking, specifically her spring rolls and lemper.
- Make more desserts. (Yay!)
- Make more DIY projects, which I haven’t done in a while. The first will be to knit a scarf.
- Plant more herbs for my cooking.
- Swim more laps. Easy.
- What isn’t easy for me, however, is to go jogging…
- Remember to smile more!
I do have some very personal matters I hope to achieve for this year. If I do, I’ll definitely be letting you know.
What do you wish for this year?
Have a great start to the year!