Drinks at Bar Mudanzas {Barcelona}

I really like going for a drink to Bar Mudanzas because I like the black and white checkered tiles on the floor.Β Is liking the tiles on the floor a good enough reason to like a place and keep coming back to it? Well, why not?

Bar Mudanzas in Barcelona is a very nice laid back place to go out for drink. They usually don’t put on music, but it’s probably just as well so that you don’t need to shout to be heard. It is in an old building, with very simple decoration that gives a charming older age European – Mediterranean style. The bottom floor has checkered floors, while the top floor has typical Mediterranean style mosaic tiles, which are very commonly found in the older buildings in Barcelona.

Black and white checkered tiles at Bar Mudanzas Barcelona

Upstairs tiles at Bar Mudanzas Barcelona

Schweppes Tonica

Gin and Tonic and Bar Mudanzas Barcelona

Of course, I don’t only like Bar Mudanzas because of the tiles. The best thing about this place is the warm happy feeling it gives me because of all the memories I have for all the times I’ve been here with good company.

Drinks at Bar Mudanzas Barcelona

Address

Vidrieria, 15, 08005, Barcelona

1. Bunny Eats Design 2014-02-28 at 20:08

I miss having a favourite bar. We don’t really go to bars anymore because drinking at a bar costs too much here. We seem to drink at home now instead but it is nice to have the community neighbourhood feeling of a bar.

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-01 at 16:45

Oh thats sad! Even though is expensive for Spanish people, thank fully its still fine to have some drinks in the bars. Doing it at home is also nice as you can do it your special way.

2. Pingback: Fiesta Friday #5 | The Novice Gardener

3. Dalo 2013 2014-02-28 at 21:23

Nice and creative photos! It must feel good to have your trusty camera by your side again. Having a favorite hangout/dive bar to stop and have a drink with friends is one of those great things…never realize how nice it is. The older the bar, the more character it seems to have…so much better than the flashy, modern ones.

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-01 at 16:47

You got it spot on, I’m glad to have my camera back with me πŸ™‚ I love the old places with character, I feel way more at home in them than in the flashy modern ones (where I often feel awkward).

1. Dalo 2013 2014-03-03 at 19:43

Ha, ha…yes, and you have gotten more creative with your shooting/processing as well. That is the fun of photography. I feel the same about pubs/bars, the older they are, the more character and history they have which is more comfortable. Although my flat in Seattle is modern and I really like that too!

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-03 at 20:49

Flats are different, mine in Bcn is old, but I’d gladly swap it for the comfort of a new one!

2. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-03 at 21:27

Just for you to have an idea, my place has this tiny low roofed “room” (you can’t stand up there) where in olden times it was how they introduced the coal into the place! Now its a scary room where I store things and that each time my friends come they joke that the diabolical girl comes out there at night. And I do freak out quite easily πŸ˜‰

1. Dalo 2013 2014-03-04 at 17:39

Ha, ha…sometimes old places can be very cool, just as you described there are rooms that hold history and stories. And of course the stories of spirits and it being haunted can be fun too (I use to tease my twin sister about such things when we were young ~ she freaks out quite easily too!).

1. Dalo 2013 2014-03-04 at 17:59

Not freaked, but instead very intrigued & excited… although there have been a few eerie times I slept with a bat by my side just in case πŸ™‚

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-04 at 18:02

Really? haha I don’t own a bat so I’ve not done that. But not wanted to open my eyes and stay under the covers like a kid, yes…
                  Now I’m worried, maybe I should get a bat just in case the circumstances call for it! πŸ™‚

2. Dalo 2013 2014-03-04 at 18:10

I think hiding under the covers is a better option for you πŸ™‚ It is cute how that action really does feel make you feel better. My little niece is petrified at Halloween time, and she would tell me that at night she gets her favorite stuff animals and they just lay underneath the covers, and all is fine. So maybe a stuff animal is better than a bat for you πŸ™‚

3. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-04 at 18:13

I don’t have any stuffed animals either (they are all at my parents). oh no, the diabolic girl will get to me πŸ˜‰

4. Dalo 2013 2014-03-04 at 19:33

Ha, just remain under the covers with eyes closed and you’ll be OK πŸ˜‰

4. Guillermina BΓ³squez Stover 2014-02-28 at 23:50

The ambience must be terrific…I love old bars, too…went to some when I lived in Spain…

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-01 at 16:48

Yes, there are many beautiful ones in Spain, oh and in Andalucia the tiles everywhere, walls too, are superb!

5. The Novice Gardener 2014-03-01 at 01:13

Thank you for joining us at Fiesta Friday, Sofia! I wanna go to Barcelona and I wanna visit Bar Mudanzas. Is there dancing in the bar too? Mudanzas sounds like a place for dancing. πŸ™‚ Love the artistic photos! Are you a professional photographer?

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-01 at 15:09

Thanks for inviting me! Yes, wouldn’t it be fun to come here πŸ™‚ Unfortunately no dancing here, but there are plenty of places with some dancing around it too.
      Thanks you are too kind, I’m not a professional photographer. I’m still struggling to understand all the wonderful different functions in my camera!

6. Lignum Draco 2014-03-01 at 03:40

Atmosphere is all important for a good time, along with friends.

7. Gather and Graze 2014-03-01 at 13:06

Fabulous photos Sofia! Bar Mudanzas looks like a beautiful place to hang out.

8. Ngan R. 2014-03-01 at 17:50

Gorgeous photos, Sofia, and that is a lovely bar! I, too, visit a bar that holds great memories for me. It is always so nice to go back with friends for a quiet evening. So nice to meet you at Angie’s party!

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-01 at 17:51

Its so nice to meet you too in Angie’s party πŸ˜‰ I’m glad you also have a nice bar with nice memories and for more happy times. xx

9. Laura Lynn 2014-03-02 at 01:31

Oh it makes me miss The Whitehouse Pub. A bit of a dive but set in a 110 yr old house in a field. The wrap around verandah was shaded by giant trees and the parking lot was dirt and gravel but what a lot of fun we had there. We had stew cook offs and dances and sports playoffs parties and in the summer we would make a golf course outside in the field and play. I haven’t found a place here yet that can compare but it looks like Bar Mundanzas might have some of the same atmosphere. Lovely photo’s as always! Such a pleasure to see.

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-03-02 at 18:01

It sounds like a lovely place with character, I hope you find a nice place soon xx

10. cruzccc 2014-03-04 at 21:30

No lo conozco, tendrΓ© que ir!!! Y esos suelos son lo mΓ‘s πŸ™‚
    Un beso Sofia!