The Cut Flower Patch

I’m delighted to show you my new book called The Cut Flower Patch written by Louise Curley. I came to know of the book through my piano blogging buddy pianolearner, as the book is written by his adorable wife.

The rewards - The Cut Flower Patch

Foliage and Fillers the Cut Flower Patch

As I love trying to garden but I don’t have much clue about it myself, I knew I would have to get The Cut Flower Patch. I must say I’m really enjoying the book and will do for a long time. To begin with, it is beautifully presented, which that in itself makes it such a pleasure to hold in my hands.

The Cut Flower Patch is beautifully and very didactically written. Even though I don’t live in the same country, so therefore I am in a different climate, with different local flora and soil – actually I only have a patio so my soil for now is sadly only in pots – I can already see just how much this book will be educating me. From weeds, seeding, annual or biennial plants to cutting your own flowers to arrange at home or even for you wedding day, I’m certain Louise will be teaching me plenty of gardening skills.

The Cut Flower Patch

Thank you for reading!

1. pianolearner 2014-04-08 at 20:45

I’m glad you liked it, and as you can see I managed to sneak Humphry into the background of one of her photos 🙂 This will definitely cheer her up!

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-04-08 at 20:47

Yeah, I had to sneak in Humphry too 😉 I’m glad, I hope so! Take care and get well!

1. pianolearner 2014-04-08 at 20:49

One of my favourite pics is the tulips on p86. I also like the ones of the plot with the riot of different colours.

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-04-08 at 20:51

I like them too. 🙂 And Mr. H. is delighted with the page with the worms. He can’t wait for us to live somewhere that we can have a proper garden and have worms!!

1. pianolearner 2014-04-08 at 20:58

Ha! I remember us digging up some worms for the photo. No worms were harmed in the making of the book…

2. Guillermina Bósquez Stover 2014-04-09 at 03:05

We in the U.S. of A. take the space all around us for granted. We have so much space to grow a garden of flowers as well as a vegetable patch. And yet so many of us (myself included) do NOT! Ah, me…and this book looks wonderful….

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-04-09 at 09:15

Guillermina the book IS wonderful, so beautiful! Do you grow at least some herbs?

3. gardeningkiwi 2014-04-09 at 06:47

Hi there. I am enjoying this book too. I normally grow veggies and am hopeless at growing flowers! I’m hoping things will change and I can fill my home with beautiful flowers as well as fresh veggies!
    Cheers Sarah : o )

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-04-09 at 09:17

Hi Sarah! Have you got this book too? I normally just grow herbs (space limits!) and hope to grow lovely flowers too now. Cheers xx

4. Sunny 2014-04-09 at 12:12

Oh wow, such an adorable book! I only have some potted plants in the house, but nothing more than that. Occasionally I get a bouquet, and that’s about all the flowers you see in the house (besides my Christmas cactus, which flowers twice a year. That thing is a trooper. Tango and Kissa chew on it whenever I’m not watching, but it’s still alive and kicking).

1. Sunny 2014-04-09 at 12:49

Oh a Christmas cactus isn’t really a “cactus.” It is a succulent plant instead. So no prick to keep these little pricks away, unfortunately!

5. wellywoman 2014-04-10 at 23:23

Aw! Thank you for such a lovely review. I’m so pleased you like the book. :)) Of course, when you want to find worms you never can. We spent a good 15 minutes digging trying to find them for that photograph. It’s not normally that difficult. Perhaps they were camera shy. 😉 x

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-04-11 at 09:21

I’m also so impressed that you published such beautiful book, and I’m so glad I bought it.
      I’m quite camera shy too so I understand the worms 😉 xx

6. cruzccc 2014-04-11 at 20:00

Qué libro más bonito y con lo que me gustan a mí las flores 🙂
    Un besito y feliz fin de semana!