Fairy Tales

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.

– C. S. Lewis

I‘m taking some time off my blog so that I can play the piano and read more fairy tales. I’ll probably be back earlier than expected. My return will quite possibly be with the presentation of my epic to do food list, so watch out, I should be back with more energy. And with more tales.

Thank you for visiting!

1. Mabel Kwong 2014-07-09 at 14:07

Enjoy doing what you love, Sofia. We all have times when we need to break away from what we normally do and just do something different. It need not be traveling, but just…simple things. Best of luck with making music. One day you have to play for me and inspire me to play again 😉 You look so cute in that photo 🙂

1. Sofia // Papaya Pieces 2014-07-09 at 21:20

Hi Mabel, yeah I need to have a break. Unfortunately I won’t be playing the piano for the first few days as I’m in Madrid for work for a few days. But I plan to play a lot in the weekend! 🙂 Thanks, this photo was taken in Singapore, we lived there at that time 🙂

2. Ngan R. 2014-07-09 at 15:38

Enjoy your piano and fairy tales, Sofia. It is important to take time to do what we enjoy and I am glad you are doing just that! We’ll see you when you return! xx

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:06

Thank you so much Ngan, yes, I desperately needed some time off (though not from reading your blogs!) and sorry because of that I didn’t do any email about the ingredient challenge. Maybe we should wait till after summer! I’ll be back to writing on my blog soon, am beginning to miss it xx

3. Priya Kedlaya 2014-07-09 at 17:05

Lots of love and hugs… I wish I could hear you play! 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:08

Thanks Priya, very sweet of you 🙂 maybe if I get a decent video one day I’ll put it up!

4. Liz 2014-07-09 at 20:34

Already looking forward to your return 😀

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:11

Thanks Liz! As I said to Ngan, I didn’t make a Ingredient Challenge email because I really needed a break. I think Shanna did too. Shall we resume after summer? xx

5. Michelle 2014-07-10 at 03:17

Chopin and Grimms all around. Just come back before too long.

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:11

Especially Chopin 😉 I’ll be back soon!

6. Pemberley Cup & Cakes by Rosa 2014-07-10 at 07:51

I love that pic! I must be old enough because I read lots of fairy tales now 😉 Enjoy anything you may do during your break so that we have more amazing stories when you come back.
    Un beso y feliz verano!

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:13

Gracias Rosa, necesitaba un descanso y hacer muchas otras cosas 🙂 Volveré pronto. Espero que estas teniendo un feliz verano también!

7. Amanda 2014-07-10 at 17:13

It’s summer! Get out and enjoy. I think most people have kind of slowed down their online activity. I know I have. I’m camping this weekend, but someone gave me zucchini flowers tonight so I have to cook into the evening after tennis. So much great stuff to do, so much good food. Best to just be present with it and enjoy.

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:19

Hey Amanda, I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying your summer and taking the opportunity to do things you love. Yes, so much great stuff to do, be present and enjoy. xx

1. Amanda 2014-07-22 at 02:08

Gracias, nena! Igual.

8. Guillermina Bósquez Stover 2014-07-11 at 16:42

Have a wonderful break, Sofia! And maybe C.S. Lewis is correct in the quote above. I am 62 and I really, truly enjoy YA (young adult) fiction! I have even been known to read “Charlotte’s Web” TWICE!!! lol…

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:20

Hi Guillermina, I’m in Charles Dickens at the moment,.. 🙂 I don’t remember having read Charlottes Web, haha, might do so 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:21

Thank you Nanette! I’ll probably return soon 🙂 Have a lovely week

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:22

Terima kasih! I hope you are doing things these days that are making you happy too!

9. Bunny Eats Design 2014-07-15 at 23:04

Go and enjoy yourself and don’t even think about this blog. I look forward to the epic food list.

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:24

You know this food list is inspired by yours, right? I’m having trouble thinking up the last 10 points, and thinking what photo to put for it, lol. I hope you’re feeling better,

10. Dalo 2013 2014-07-20 at 00:25

Enjoy your time and the summer, playing the piano and living out those fairy tales 🙂
    Excellent photo, you haven’t change at all…

1. Sofia 2014-07-22 at 00:04

Haha, ok I’m taller and (as they say in Spanish) am worse now 🙂 Thanks, I’m trying to enjoy the summer. I Hope you’re enjoying yours too!

11. Jennifer 2014-07-20 at 16:36

Play, read, enjoy your time…but don’t make us wait too long for that epic food!