Summer in Lille

When it comes to blogging about food, I fail miserably in the matter of making food photos all the time. I often forget to do it and other times I just can’t be bothered. So grave is my condition that there have been times that I have run out of photos to post.

One of the adverse effects of this is that despite the fact that now I can tick off a point from my food bucket list, but I cannot provide the photographic evidence for it. Indeed, I have had some éclairs in my recent trip to Lille, in the North of France. They were heavenly, they were even beautiful to look at. And I did not photograph them. Just for the record, they were coffee flavoured. Until now my favourite éclairs are the coffee flavoured ones.

Anyhow, as I promised, here are some photos of Lille from my real camera.

Restaurants in Lille

Don’t worry, the restaurants are good. They are empty only because it wasn’t quite dinner time yet…

Lille houses

Scenes from Lille

Streets of Lille

Lille city center, France

Lille city center

Thank you for visiting!

(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)

1. miwa theresa 2014-08-08 at 12:47

What a beautiful place!! I was looking forward to seeing this! Thank you for sharing 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-08-08 at 16:31

And I say thank you to you for showing me scenes from Tokyo 🙂

2. Sunny 2014-08-08 at 13:11

Isn’t it funny how you’ve been having better weather up north? 😉

3. Mabel Kwong 2014-08-08 at 14:23

North of France looks so beautiful! It looks very quiet and relaxing, and I hope you managed to walk the streets at your own pace. Looks like you are hard at work ticking things off your bucket list. Such a hard worker 😉 I can understand when you say you can’t be bothered to take photos of food sometimes. Today that happened to me. Had a crispy noodle lunch and didn’t bother to take out my camera to take a photo…just wanted to eat and there was bad lighting in the restaurant anyway 😀

4. Liz 2014-08-08 at 16:44

lovely 🙂 Looks like you struck gold with sunshine and blue skies as well. My photos are only possibly because I force myself to slog through and, like you, I let it go some of the time. Life is too short to snap everything you want to eat!!! Sometimes you just need to eat.

5. Amanda 2014-08-08 at 20:36

Stunning. I too eat so many wonderful things that I never photograph. Sometimes life comes before art. Enjoy the moment you’re in! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

6. Joyce 2014-08-09 at 00:10

It’s so colorful there! Thanks for sharing.

7. Michelle 2014-08-11 at 03:47

Lovely pics. Northern France is one of the few parts of the country I haven’t visited.

1. Sofia 2014-08-11 at 23:13

If you do, I recommend it better in summer… xx

8. Pemberley Cup & Cakes by Rosa 2014-08-11 at 17:27

Such a beautiful place (and pictures!) and it happens to be like my last name! 😉 Northern France is one of those amazing settings on earth…

1. Sofia 2014-08-11 at 23:16

That’r true, its like your last name! 🙂

9. Guillermina Stover 2014-08-11 at 20:10

Sofia, don’t feel so bad about not whipping out your camera. I just read an article that comments on that. It seems that when we take a photo to capture a memory, we really don’t remember as well as when we just take a photo with our eyes. I remember when I took my son to Spain in 2007–we were in Malaga and stumbled on a wedding party. I took one photo and my camera ran out of “juice.” I turned to my son and said, ‘take a photo with your brain and enjoy this.’ And so we did. To this day, I still remember the scene!

1. Sofia 2014-08-12 at 12:08

Yeah, I don’t take out my camera for many things to remember it in my brain. Though more often than not, to tell you the truth I don’t make photos for the sake of keeping the memories (because they are in are brain) but more because I have fun making them, I really enjoy it – which is why I’m upset that something is wrong with my camera 🙁

10. Dalo 2013 2014-08-13 at 20:07

Great shots…there is nothing better than being able to see a photo you shot and immediately feel the emotions and place as if you were still there… Hopefully you resolve your camera issues soon ~

11. Patty Nguyen 2014-08-18 at 02:19

Hahah, don’t you hate when you finish eating something and realize you could have gotten a great photo? No need to fret, I will imagine your delicious eclairs in my head!

1. Sofia 2014-08-18 at 13:36

With my éclairs case, I’m too busy admiring and eating them to even make a photo 😉