Wildlife Photos by My Brother

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

– Albert Einstein

My brother, who lives in Australia, just made a trip to the North Eastern part of Australia to spend some time in the forest and by the sea. He has always loved nature, and has recently taken up wildlife photography, so I’ve been very excited to see the awesome photos he’s been making.

My brother

I asked him if I could share some of his photos here on my blog and make a post that would be special for me. He agreed!

He went to Daintree Rainforest and Fitzroy Island, so he sent me both land and sea photos. I think they’re brilliant. I hope you enjoy them.

Butterfly

Spider

When we were kids, he used to play with scorpions and goodness knows what else. I would say: Don’t touch the jellyfish. He would touch the jellyfish and get stung. And so on. So when I saw this next photo, I was sort of worried that he might have gone up to the crocodile to pat it.

Crocodile

Or pat that 1.4 meter lizard.

{Ok, just kidding! I’m certain he wouldn’t do that now.}

Super lizard

Cassowary

If you thought this bird might be a friendlier animal, check out this sign and think again.

Cassowary warning

Not everything in Australia is dangerous, so now here are some more relaxing shots to unwind.

Queensland

Fish

Fishy

Last but not least, here is my favourite photo. Can you imagine swimming with this guy? Pure bliss.

Turtle

Thank you so much dearest brother!

1. Sunny 2014-08-12 at 20:57

Aww I want to swim with a sea turtle, too! But I can safely pass the crocodile/lizard part. They aren’t my favorite animals!

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:39

Agreed with passing the crocs and lizard! The sea turtle is cute 🙂

2. Sue 2014-08-12 at 21:35

Unreal!!!!!!

3. Bunny Eats Design 2014-08-12 at 22:36

Sea turtles are so sweet. They look innocent and full of wisdom at the same time. Great photos. Thanks to you and your bro for sharing with us.

It’s amazing how completely different Aussie is from New Zealand.

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:40

I bet they are full of wisdom. I’m learning from you that Oz is different from New Zealand, I had always thought that the fauna might be the same more or less..

4. fingerprintwriting 2014-08-13 at 03:16

Beautiful photos! I had no idea that the Cassowary can be dangerous. Thanks to your brother for sharing his photos.

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:41

I didn’t either before this! xx

5. Mabel Kwong 2014-08-13 at 08:08

Lovely shots from your brother. He’s definitely a great photographer, let him know that. Great captures of the fish underwater, looks like they aren’t afraid of him. If I wanted a workout, I think I’ll run away from that bird… 😉

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:41

I’ll let him know! 🙂

6. pianolearner 2014-08-13 at 10:26

The wildlife of Australia is so exotic. Thanks for sharing his photos. I’d heard about those Cassowary’s kicking out at you with their sharp feet. There seems to be quite a few creatures in Australia that can do you some serious harm 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:42

Sometimes I think it’s amazing that I survived living there 😉 What dangerous animals do you have around your place?

1. pianolearner 2014-08-15 at 19:26

We have adders, which are the only poisonous snakes in the UK. But I dont think anyone has been killed by one for decades. I got a closeup photo of one once. I wouldn’t dare to do that with a more poisonous Aussie one.

1. Sofia 2014-08-15 at 19:29

I don;t recall the poisonous Aussie ones running fast nor jumping around, so photographing them nice and still should be ok 🙂 The ones we had in the garden, red back, were small, lovely shiny black things with red dots on their backs, you’d need to do some closeups to photograph it, so no you might not want to…

7. maamej 2014-08-13 at 10:58

I hope he doesn’t touch the jellyfish in North Queensland, he might regret it. Beautiful pics.

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 11:26

Especially the box shaped ones… xx

1. maamej 2014-08-13 at 13:12

8. Dalo 2013 2014-08-13 at 19:49

These are beautiful photos…you need to get your brother to start a photo blog 🙂

The first shot is my favorite; great perspective and love the sight of the sea, sky and movement of everything (especially the birds). Incredible…and of course must also like the sea turtle, too cool. Makes me wish to be there swimming along side him. Maybe the turtle is my favorite…great lighting and such a nice close up shot.

Your brother reminds me of my twin sister, who always loved what nature had to offer…and she even had a “pet” Black Widow spider (kept in a pretty neat insect container we always had as kids growing up). Great post Sofia 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 20:09

I am trying to convince him to start a photo blog! I wonder how much more convincing I’ll need to do…
      Oh gosh, you sister would ba a hero for my brother then a black willow spider as a pet. I brother has kept scorpions, chameleons, big lizards (like the one in the picture, when we lived in Brunei). Once he let the chameleon out of its cage, it walked around and then camouflaged into into its surrounding, it took us hours to find him again! I would not have liked the Black Widow Spider, though knowing me, I would ending with friendly feelings towards it, even though I would not touch it.

1. Dalo 2013 2014-08-13 at 20:16

Hopefully he will start a blog, a good way for him to match his creative sister 🙂

You are right about the Black Widow, we never touched it but would watch as she built her home and when she did come out ~ such a beauty, so we began having friendly feeling 🙂 Also, one of the worst feelings to have was when we would crawl under our deck in the backyard (usually to chase a baseball or something) and in the deep darkness brush up next to cobwebs, and the Black Widow webs were extremely strong and you knew it was a Widow web and…yikes, even now my heart gets racing 🙂

1. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:28

It’s making my heart race (in panic) just thinking about it!

2. Sofia 2014-08-13 at 23:27

By the way my other favourite shot is also the first one, thats why I made it the feature photo on the top…

9. oppie83 2014-08-14 at 14:48

Great pictures, beautiful exotic animals. The lizard looks like a smaller version of Komodo doesn’t it?

1. Sofia 2014-08-15 at 00:03

Oh yes it does!

10. Patty Nguyen 2014-08-18 at 02:05

That turtle shot is my favorite. Do tell your brother thank you for sharing his wonderful photos! And so funny about him not listening to you. Hahaha!

1. Sofia 2014-08-18 at 13:34