Underwater by My Brother

My brother literally lives on the other side of the planet from me, so I was beyond excited to have him come over to visit me recently. I took him to one of my favourite beaches, Sant Pol del Mar. He enjoys doing wildlife and underwater photography, and brought over his underwater camera, which is how I accidentally found myself, along with some other sea creatures as a model for his photos.

School of fish

fishies

Diving

Fishes at Sant Pol

There were surprisingly quite a lot of fish. It was fantastic to swim amongst them. He also caught sight of a cormoran diving at full speed and managed to catch some shots of it.

Cormoran

I usually prefer being behind the camera but this photo-shoot was so much fun that I really enjoyed being the model for once. My brother has way better lung capacity than me, which was just as well as we were doing all of this sort of free dive style, though not hard core of course. He would go down about 5 seconds before I would so that he could take position to start snapping away when I would go underwater. He would go way deeper than I would as somehow he found the water to be a more vibrant blue colour that way.

swimming

Underwater photography

1. Sunny 2015-08-11 at 02:36

Just had to say I looove this shoot! Definitely the coolest photos I’ve seen for a while 🙂 You are like a mermaid!

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:45

Thanks Sunny! It was such a fun photoshoot 🙂

2. Mabel Kwong 2015-08-11 at 04:34

Beautiful photos by your brother. The fish look lovely, and the sea was is such a stunning blue. And you are a gorgeous model 🙂 <3

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:46

I’ll tell my brother! Yes the sea and its inhabitants were stunning, and thank you! 🙂

3. Guillermina Stover 2015-08-11 at 04:34

Blown away by your brother’s underwater shots. The fish look translucent…and you are just delightfully playful…great!

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:46

I’ll let mu brother know Guillermina, thank you!

4. sallybr 2015-08-11 at 05:10

Gorgeous photos, worthy of a tourism magazine!

you look totally natural underwater… very cool! 😉

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:48

Thank you Sally! And I’ll let my brother know 😉

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:48

I’m glad you do Genie!

5. Lily @ChloeAsh 2015-08-11 at 14:56

Oh I love these photos! And those photos of you swimming are gorgeous 🙂

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:51

I’m glad you enjoyed them Lily, we had great fun doing them!

6. pianolearner 2015-08-11 at 17:26

The shots are incredible, and the others are right you do make a good model. Although the cormorant clearly wanted to be in on the action too. Such fantastic reactions of your brother to catch it in time. And well done for keeping your eyes open with no goggles in saltwater.
    What camera does he have?

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:55

Thanks!!! It was great fun doing them. Oh I know, amazing how he captured the cormorant so quickly. He used an Olympus, he’s a fan on Olympus because they make pretty good weather proof cameras…. Unlike mine that I’m scared to death of it getting a single drop of rain or anything!

7. Saskia (1=2) 2015-08-12 at 02:24

WOW Sofia, these are absolutely beautiful. Your bro is very talented. Must’ve been lovely to catch up. You must miss him. My sister lives 1.5 hours away and I miss her so much. Can’t imagine her living on the other side of the planet. That last photo of you is just incredible. Looks like an album cover! Nice to go back and have another look at your photos of Sant Pol del Mar from last year, and that cool train bridge.

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:58

Hi Saskia, yes it was fantastic to catch up. Plus I got to meet my sister in law who I hadn’t personally met yet (oh an I looove her 🙂 ). He lives in Perth, so we could say he is closer to you than to me, even though still very far away. Lucky your sister lives close to you in comparison! xx

8. annascuisine 2015-08-13 at 04:02

What an awesome adventure wit your brother! Great photos as well. 🙂

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 21:59

Thanks Anna, I’ll let him know you liked them 😉

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 22:05

Maybe you will visit there one day xx

9. Dalo 2013 2015-08-17 at 07:16

WOW, your brother really knows his way with the camera ~ those are great shots. Especially the ones of the mermaid in the red swimsuit, quite beautiful 🙂 Sant Pol del Mar looks like a nice slice of paradise, must have been nice to see your little brother and also take him to such a great place. He will not need to hear this again, but I must also add that the cormorant shot is incredible…perfect timing and very crisp.

Wish you a great rest of the summer, and it sure looks like you are making the best of it. Enjoy and take care ~

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 22:17

Hey Randy I’ll let him know!! The mermaid, haha 🙂 Yeah, Sant Pol is one of my favourite beaches over here. I hope you’re enjoying summer, are you back in Seattle? xx

1. Dalo 2013 2015-08-21 at 21:29

Yes, back in Seattle now. Weather has been great, perfect swimming weather actually. Will be here another month 🙂 Wishing you a great summer ~

10. Deb 2015-08-20 at 00:52

Amazing photos and an even more incredible day! What beautiful fish, water, day…so happy you were able to enjoy time with your brother too! Thanks for sharing…

1. Sofia 2015-08-20 at 22:16