September is usually my favourite month in Spain. It’s not too hot and not too cold. The air is crisp and the sky is the most beautiful shade of blue. This year it got off to a bad start. To begin with I had to begin working again after taking a couple of weeks off. Then there seemed to be none of that gorgeous weather. It was just cold, wet and dreadful all the time, as if we had jumped straight into a dreadfully bleak autumn.
However this last week began with a bit of a surprise. It was just how September should be. Along with it and as we have officially entered autumn, I thought I would make some autumn resolutions. Why wait for New Years? Why not just do some small doable ones now. They are:
1. Eat more healthy. I did quite a lot of sports over the summer, so now to maintain that healthy feeling, I should eat more fruit and vegetables. I do have a strategy for that. Stay tuned.
2. Play the piano more. I have promised my teacher that for the Christmas party I will be playing Elegie by Rachamaninoff, which is sooo beautiful. I really need to finish studying it and get it perfected.
3. Do more sports. Stress less and make the time to do more sports.
4. Smile more. Again, stress less. And do the things that please me more.
5. A few other long winded things I need to do, but too complicated to mention, so I won’t… Sorry.
Do you have any autumn resolutions?
Even thought this doesn’t mean the end of my summer Andalusian photos, a sunny summer photo here felt contradictory to writing about my little autumn resolutions. so I dug up a moodier darker photo to represent the coming of autumn. It is a false representation because it was taken this summer in a mountainy Andalusian town called Grazalema.
Have a great weekend!