Autumn Resolutions

September is usually my favourite month in Spain. It’s not too hot and not too cold. The air is crisp and the sky is the most beautiful shade of blue. This year it got off to a bad start. To begin with I had to begin working again after taking a couple of weeks off. Then there seemed to be none of that gorgeous weather. It was just cold, wet and dreadful all the time, as if we had jumped straight into a dreadfully bleak autumn.

However this last week began with a bit of a surprise. It was just how September should be. Along with it and as we have officially entered autumn, I thought I would make some autumn resolutions. Why wait for New Years? Why not just do some small doable ones now. They are:

1. Eat more healthy. I did quite a lot of sports over the summer, so now to maintain that healthy feeling, I should eat more fruit and vegetables. I do have a strategy for that. Stay tuned.

2. Play the piano more. I have promised my teacher that for the Christmas party I will be playing Elegie by Rachamaninoff, which is sooo beautiful. I really need to finish studying it and get it perfected.

3. Do more sports. Stress less and make the time to do more sports.

4. Smile more. Again, stress less. And do the things that please me more.

5. A few other long winded things I need to do, but too complicated to mention, so I won’t… Sorry.

Do you have any autumn resolutions?

Even thought this doesn’t mean the end of my summer Andalusian photos, a sunny summer photo here felt contradictory to writing about my little autumn resolutions. so I dug up a moodier darker photo to represent the coming of autumn. It is a false representation because it was taken this summer in a mountainy Andalusian town called Grazalema.

Have a great weekend!

1. Saskia (1=2) 2015-09-26 at 03:09

What a photo with that mountain in the background!
    Good luck with those resolutions – looking forward to a little movie of you playing Elegie 😉
    It’s Spring here, and the only resolution I’ve made so far is to get on my bike more. Quite easy now the weather is warming up here at last. PS. I like your blog re-design 🙂

1. Sofia 2015-09-26 at 12:57

I really enjoyed photographing this town! I’ll see if I can get a movie somehow, though still lots of studying to be done! Thanks re the blog design, I love yours and as you’re a designer its a compliment 🙂 I’m using the same template, only set it onto normal blog mode (as opposed to portfolio mode) because its just a simple blog so simple it should be! And changed the header… Enjoy your cycling more often, I hope you have nice places to go around on your bike! xx

2. Mabel Kwong 2015-09-26 at 12:56

September is also a bit of a temperamental month in September as we head into spring. Truth be told, most of this month has felt like winter and we only had one summer-like day. This time of the year I don’t really have any resolutions, usually try to eat healthy like you too…which is what I try to remind myself every day 😉

1. Sofia 2015-09-26 at 12:59

I’m so envious you’re heading into spring, as I really don’t get along with cold weather! Eat healthy, but delicious too! 😉

1. Mabel Kwong 2015-09-26 at 14:55

With warmer weather approaching, I’m sure I’ll have an appetite for light salads again. More veggies and that should be good 😀

1. Sofia 2015-09-27 at 00:04

What if you turn into a vegetarian?… 😉

1. Mabel Kwong 2015-09-27 at 14:00

Nooo, nooo. I love my cheeseburgers too much to become vegetarian! 😀

3. Lily @ChloeAsh 2015-09-26 at 16:54

All the best in keeping your resolutions, Sofia. I don’t usually make them, because the rebel in me will want to break it, but I wanted to be more strict with my diet. I had a 10-day break from working out because of the haze and also I was suffering from the effects of the haze. Now that I felt better, I started my workouts today. I noticed though, that I’ve been eating a lot of junk (teehee!) and I need to clean up my diet. I need to write down and be very specific as to what I eat so I have all the ingredients prepared and ready. That’s the tough part. I guess if it’s to set a resolution, that’ll be the only one?

1. Sofia 2015-09-26 at 20:17

At least its the rebel in you, in my case I would say the lazy or the forgetful person in me, lol. With regards to eating healthy, I find that once you get used to it, you don’t even want to go anywhere near the aisles with the junk in the supermarket, so after a while it even becomes “easy”. I suppose it’s like doing exercise, once you do it you don’t want to NOT do it. So you’ve finished your break and you’re back to your fitness routines, I’m so happy for you because you’re just getting better and stronger all the time, keep it up! 🙂 xx

4. Kiss & Make-up 2015-09-26 at 19:33

4 is a really good one. I’m going to try to do that too. Good luck!

1. Sofia 2015-09-26 at 20:13

We should all do 4 🙂

5. pianolearner 2015-09-26 at 20:58

What a good idea. I’ve never thought about autumn resolutions. I am re-learning front-crawl swimming after recently buying some goggles. Like you I am also wanting to play more piano. I look forward to hearing the Rachmaninoff.

1. Sofia 2015-09-27 at 00:07

What are your new goggles like? I’m looking forward to hearing your Grovlez.

6. Guillermina Stover 2015-09-27 at 22:30

I love Grazalema! And I really loved all your resolutions. They were basically ONE thing: de-stress. All of the things you plan to do will help you de-stress. And we all need that! Simplicity…ah! My favorite time of year is also autumn…especially here in Texas. It’s when the temperature BEGINS to dip…BEGINS, mind you! We still have lots of summer left, sometimes even after November. Oy vey. But this year I will be in New York City for my birthday!!! Great way to celebrate AUTUMN…

1. Sofia 2015-09-28 at 10:35

Yes I agree, and I really do need to destress! And yes, BEGINS to dip,.. because hey I was born in Borneo, I’m not a fan of freezing temperatures 🙂 Do you like winter? You will be in New York for your birthday? Lucky you!!! By the way, stay tuned because there will be TONS of Grazalema shots in the next posts!

7. Guillermina Stover 2015-09-27 at 22:32

Oh, I forgot to add: I will be in New York City 13-20 October…maybe a Broadway Show and an opera. I selected a hotel in Chelsea, near Greenwich Village…

1. Sofia 2015-09-28 at 10:36

I’m so jealous 😉 Have a wonderful time!!!

8. Patty Nguyen 2015-10-01 at 07:47

Hmm…my fall resolution shall be to…play with Bailey more! Yeah! 😀

1. Sofia 2015-10-01 at 19:25

Can I join in?

9. thrivewholisticlife 2015-10-13 at 04:21

I am trying to lose 8 pounds, so I too have resolved to eat healthier! I have gained about 7-8 lbs over the last several months and it is not for a lack of exercise. I get some sort of exercise in most days, however, I used to simply be more active. Now I drive for Lyft and Uber as my job and so I am more sedentary than I have ever been in my life! I have also resolved to start dance lessons, to face my fear of teaching larger groups yoga, and to complete my actual yoga certification! Grateful to be heading into FALL here in Kentucky.
    I hope you will check out my blog! http://www.thrivewholisticlife.wordpresscom